Tuesday 23 September 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #5

This is a weekly event created by The Broke and the Bookish where bloggers post a new "Top Ten" list for the particular week's topic.
 
This week topic is:-
Top Ten Book On My Fall TBR List

Where I live it is actually Spring, not Autumn (or Fall, as Americans call it) but I am still going to participate in this week's Top Ten challenge. Below are ten books that I would like to read during my upcoming Spring break, if I don't read them beforehand. :)
   
1. Never Fade (Alexandra Bracken) - This is the second book in The Darkest Minds trilogy and I have been meaning to pick it for ages and ages. My beautiful friend Alisha gave it to me as a belated birthday pressie so I will definitely be picking it up soon. Thanks Alisha! 
 
2. City of Heavenly Fire (Cassandra Clare) - I'm not good with endings. I hate them. I just haven't had the guts to pick this up yet because I don't want this amazing series to end! I will have to read it soon. When better than Spring beak? Then I'll at least have two weeks to recover from it!
 
 
  3. The Iron Trial (Cassandra Clare) - This was my last week's "Waiting on Wednesday" but it has since come out. Yay! I have it pre-ordered and arrived this week. I cannot wait to start.

5. Let's Get Lost (Adi Alsaid) - I got this on special at Kmart last weekend. It was out for just $10. What a bargain! I am really eager to start it even though I cannot say I am a real fan of road trip novels. The positive reviews for it have been sky rocketing and I really want to join in with the revelries!  

 

4. Rebel Belle (Rachel Hawkins) - I saw the second book was available for request on Edelweiss and couldn't believe that I had left it this long to pick up the first book! I do own a copy and really need to get around to reading it. I have heard both good and bad things about so I don't even know what to expect!
 
5. Frostbite (Richelle Mead) - There are no excuses for me when it comes to this series. I should have finished it by now but I just have never gotten around to it. I really, really, really need to read Frostbite as soon as I can.
 

  7. Feed (Mira Grant) - Again, a series I own and have yet to finish... or start actually. I really need to get onto this series and finish it. I think this season will be all about catching up on my sequels!
 
 8. Of Triton (Anna Bancks) - The first book in this series was a favourite of mine and I have no idea why I never got around to read the second book. I will definitely be picking this up soon!
 

 
 9. Attachments (Rainbow Rowell) - I just recently read Rainbow Rowell's other popular book, Eleanor & Park, but I didn't really like it. I am hoping that this one will be a lot better.

10. Black City (Elizabeth Richards) - Well, I have to say it again - sorry! This is just another series that I must, must, must try to read this Spring.

 

4 comments:

  1. I liked City of Heavenly Fire, but no where near as much as the others! You're right though, endings are hard to deal with. Also, I haven't heard very good things about Let's Get Lost, but I hope you like it. The Iron Trials is on my TBR, and from your list I added Rebel Belle, Feed and Of Triton! Thanks for sharing, awesome list <3

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/10/perspective-dead-poets-society-35.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really!? That's disappointing. I didn't like Fallen Angels or Lost Souls as much as the other three but was hoping this one would be better... I hope I like Let's Get Lost since I have heard such good things about it. I am glad I was able to recommend some books to you! I hope you enjoy them.

      Rachel Rachel's Reading Corner

      Delete
  2. Black City was really incredible, in my opinion! The entire series was wonderfully written, with excellent world building and a thick, twisted plot line. I do hope you enjoy that one. Also, the ending to The Mortal Instruments was pretty perfect; there was no way that she could have ended it any better. It is sad to see it end, but it was also a breath of relief that it ended the way that it did! I am actually reading Never Fade right now, and it's kind of dragging out for me. I'm not sure if it's all the school work that I have to do right now that is stressing me out or what, but I can't seem to get any 'reading for pleasure' done. Sigh. I hope you enjoy your spring break, and your numerous TBRs! (:
    Morrighan @ http://ufbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Morrighan! I am not getting anything I planned on reading read but I am still enjoying myself!

      I am now excited for Black City. Thanks! I am also nearly ready for CoHF. I really just don't want the series end. I am glad she did it well thought. Good luck with Never Fade! :)

      Delete