Tuesday 16 September 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #4

This week topic is:-
Top Ten Top Authors I've Only Read One Book From But Need to Read More

1. Colleen Hoover - One of my favourite books this year has been Finding Cinderella and since then I have been dying to read more of Colleen Hoover's books. I know that a lot of her books have gotten some pretty negative reactions but I definitely want to check them out and see for myself. Hopefully I will love them even more than Finding Cinderella!
 
Check out: Hopeless, Maybe Someday, Slammed and Ugly Love.
 

 2. Sarah Dessen - The Queen of Contemporary, or so she is called. Can you believe I have only read one her books? Me either! I really need to get on top of this. I read and loved Dreamland and actually own Lock & Key, Along for the Ride and Just Listen. I will be trying to read this as soon as I can.
 
Check out: Lock & Key, Just Listen, Along for the Ride, That Summer, This Lullaby, The Truth About Forever, Someone Like You, What Happened to Goodbye, Keeping the Moon and Infinity.
 

  3. Jessica Shirvington - I have read her Between the Lives which was a bittersweet read for me. I wasn't overly impressed with the characterization but there was something in her writing that made me want to read keep reading. Unfortunately, it was only a standalone book so I'll just have to try out her other series instead.
 
Check out: The Violet Eden Chronicles and Disruption.
 

 5. Nicholas Sparks - Is one of those writers that I am pretty sure every reader has at least attempted to pick up one of their books. For me that book was one his lesser known books, A Bend in the Road. It was a surprisingly sweet read that I quite enjoyed. I am really eager to pick up more of his work and see if it is worth all the hype. My only hesitation is that I am scared his writing is a little formulaic... and his books are going to end up being all really similar.
 
Check out: The Notebook,  The Last Song, Dear John, The Lucky One, Safe Haven, Nights in Rodanthe, The Longest Ride and A Walk to Remember.
 


4. Cat Patrick - I've read Patrick's The Originals and loved the characters and the casual, easily readable style. I really want to pick up her other books. They sound intriguing and I love the way she combines sci-fi and contemporary romance.

Check out: Forgotten, Revived and Just Like Fate.
 

 6. James Dashner - I read and loved Dashner's The Maze Runner. I loved the mysteriousness and thought put into planning it all out. It kept me on my toes and I cannot wait to read the rest of the series - or more of his work.

 Check out: The rest of the Maze Runner series, the 13th Reality series and The Eye of the Minds.
 

  7Denise Grover Swank - I have always been a little wary when reading Amazon freebies, I haven't had much luck with them so have learnt not to expect to much. Swank's Twenty-Eight and Half Wishes was one of the few exceptions. It was phenomenal! I laughed and cried and it was just beautiful. I am very eager to read more of her books and hope they also have the same effect on me!
 
 Check out: After Math, Chosen, Here and The Curse Keepers.
 

 8. Emma Pass - I read Pass' Acid this time last year and can still remember it clearly. I did have a few problems with the book in particular but what kept me reading was her writing style. Seeing was her debut novel, it was good effort and I am eager to pick up her newest book.
 

Check out: The Fearless.
 

9. Jodi Picoult - For Christmas a couple of years ago I got Picoult's House Rules. It was a raw and emotional read that left me feeling hollow and achy afterwards. I knew that I would have to pick another one of her books sometime. Anyone that can write with that much emotion deserves a second chance.
 
 Check out: My Sister's Keeper, The Tenth Circle, The Pact, Salem Falls, Nineteen Minutes, The Storyteller, Harvesting the Heart, Keeping Faith, Lone Wolf, Mercy, and Between the Lines.
 

 10. Jodi Lynn Anderson - I mentioned Tiger Lily in last week's Top Ten Fairytale Retellings which was one of my favourite retellings. I loved the raw emotion and gorgeous writing. I am definitely going to be trying more of Anderon's books out.
 
Check out: Peaches and The Vanishing Season.
 


3 comments:

  1. Great list! I've read a couple books by Jodi Picoult (My Sisters Keeper and Plain Truth - I have a weird love for Amish fiction, hence the last one, lol) and really enjoyed them. Like you said, she definitely knows how to write a gripping story. I also own two Denise Grover Swank books I haven't picked up yet. >.< So many books!

    Here's by TTT, if you're interested: http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/2014/09/top-ten-tuesday-authors-i-need-to-read.html

    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to read some more of her work. He writing is fantastic isn't it!? :) I have Denise Grover Swank's After Math. Which ones of hers do you have? :)

      Thanks for the link. I loved your list. :)

      Rachel @ Rachel's Reading Corner

      Delete
    2. I got Twenty-Eight and a Half wishes when it was a freebie, like you, and I got a copy of The Curse Keepers through the Goodreads First Reads program. I've terrible at read ebooks (I have bad eyes and - let's face it - they just aren't as awesome as paper books, lol) but I really have no excuse for not picking up the other. So many books and so little time! XD

      Thanks for visiting my blog. I followed you via email. :)

      Brittany @ http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com

      Delete