Saturday 1 November 2014

The Opposite Books Tag

The Opposite Books Tag


I was tagged in this challenge by the ever gorgeous Izzy @ The Reading Izzy. Thank you! Click on her name to check out her answers to this tag challenge.
 


What was the first book in your collection and the latest book you purchased?

I have absolutely no idea what my first book would have been. I have always been a reader and cannot remember a time before I had books!
 
The latest book I bought was Shattered Dreams.


The cheapest book you have bought? The most expensive?

I am assuming that free books don't count because I get a lot of review copies and Amazon freebies. The cheapest book that I have to pay for was probably Beauty Queen.  I go Op shopping a lot so I go this for a bargain 20 cents!
 
The most expensive would have had to be Harry Potter Film Wizardry - it cost me $48! Luckily I paid for half and got the rest as Christmas present.
 

 
 A book you've read with a male protagonist? A female protagonist?


 I was estimate that at least 95% of the books I read have female points of view. It isn't that I dislike reading from male POVs, jus the fact there are so little! One I did enjoy were:
 

Female POVs are just too numerous to list...
 
What was a book you read quite fast? A book that took you a long time to finish?
  
I read Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban in one day. It was that good! I think the most impressive one was Bitterblue though - I read that in a couple of hours at it is 800+ long!
 
The longest I took to read a book... hmm probably The Golden Compass. That is 1100+ page book which I started in year seven (three years ago) and still haven't finished.
 

 What is you favourite "pretty" cover (you own) and your favourite ugly cover (you own)?
 
Some of my favourite covers are WingsFlitterwig and Clockwork Princess.
 

 
One of my least favourite is the Princess Diaries series. All of the different editions have gross covers. None of them are nice! The copy I own has cover art which is so cheesy I want to cry whenever I see it. Honestly, it look like it was created on KidPix!
 


 A favourite national + international book?
 
My favourite book set in Australia (my home country) would probably be the Laws of Magic series. I love this series very, very much and cannot believe that it was written by a fellow Australian. 

(One of my goals for next year is to read more Australian book. Do you have any recommendation? I have a list of all the ones on my radar so far. All ideas and thoughts are most welcome!)

My favourite non-Australian book would probably be Shiver or Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.



What is the thinnest book you own and the thickest?

The thinnest book I probably own is The Audition which is 123 pages. The thickest book (not including bind-ups which would easily going into the 1100+ pages) would probably be Inheritance which is 850+ pages.
 
 

 A fiction + a non-fiction book you own?
 
I own 97% fiction books so I'll just go with the latest book I bought: Destined (Aprilynne Pike)

A non-fiction book that I enjoyed and own is... umm I cannot think of any! A non-fiction book I really want to read it Mao's Last Dancer though.

 
 
A romantic book you own? An action-packed one?
 
 
 
A book that made you happy? A book that made you sad?
 

 
*******
 
Did you enjoy this post? I loved answering these questions. Were some of our answers similar? Really different? Let me know what you thought in the comments below. Feel free to consideration yourself tagged if you want to participate in this challenge. Please leave a link back to me if you do though!

My official tag is going to be Morrighan Rose @ Elysian Fields.
 

6 comments:

  1. Yay! You did it :D
    Oh! The Harry Potter Film Wizardry, I just so badly want to own a copy. But its so expensive D:
    I have a friend who read the Kissing Booth and just went crazy fangirl mode over it. I thought if reading it for myself but worry that its too much of a romance novel. And ugh, Clockwork Princess. Just thinking about it, the book already makes me depressed D:
    Thanks for doing the tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Thanks for the tag!

      I know right!? Its ridiculously expensive but so worth it. The art and everything is just perfect.

      Me too. That's why I picked it up in the first place. I think it is a very heavily romantic book so if you are not into that sort of genre I probably wouldn't advise you read it! :)

      Clockwork Princess was one of the most heart-wrenching books ever!

      No, thanks for tagging me! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the tag! I will try to get around to this before the weekend. School work is killing me lately! You asked for a recommendation for OZ authors.. have you tried the Rephaim Series by Paula Weston? The first two books have been released in the US and the series is pretty great! I'm dying for the third one, and it's out already in your country! These are some great choices Rachel, and I will leave you a comment when I make my post. Thanks again (:
    Morrighan @ Elysian Fields.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand. School is so overwhelming at the moment. I haven't had the chance to post in ages! :(

      No I haven't tried that series! It sounds good though so thanks for the recommendation. I will add it to the list! Oh I hate when countries do that. Normally its the Americans getting movie releases or TV shows a whole six months ahead of us though! :)

      Thanks. I cannot wait for your answers. :)

      Delete
  3. 800 pages in a couple of hours? I am very impressed! I can't believe you read it all so quickly. And I agree, female voices are all too common in novels, and there are very few male ones. That might also be because a lot of male authors opt for third person over first person when they write as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, thank you! I couldn't believe I managed that either but I was just so engrossed in it I couldn't stop!
      They are. I think I need to make more an effort to seek out some "male" books next year. Hmm that's a good theory. Prehaps that's why...

      Delete