Sunday 9 November 2014

Liebster Award

Liebster Award
 

Yes, that's right peeps! I have been nominated for a Liebster Award and let me tell you, I am so very honoured that anyone would love my blog enough to nominate me for such an award. I was actually nominated twice which is all the more amazing for me.
 
Thank you to:
 
 
... for their nominations.
Please check out these girls 'blogs (their names are linked to their pages).
 
 
Rules:
 
The Liebster rules are pretty simple:
 
Link and thank those who nominated you.
 
Answers the 11 questions posed to you, list 11 facts about yourself, nominate 11 bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
 
Inform them of their nomination by commenting on their most recent post.
 
 
Izzy's Questions:
 
1. Why did you start to blog?
 
I started blogging because I wanted a way to meet people that loved to read too and - in all honesty - I loved the extra access to review copies.
 
2. Recommend three of your favourite series.
 
Harry Potter by J.k. Rowling
Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater
Laws of Magic by Michael Pryor
 


3. Who is your favourite author? Why?
 
Either Cassandra Clare or Maggie Stiefvater - though I have lots of other favourite authors - because their writing style is incredibly beautiful.
 
4. Which books do you want to be turned into a movie/TV show? Do you have a cast in mind?
 
I am not a fan of book to movie adaptions but I think that the Cherub series by Robert Muchamore (well, at least the first two books that I have read) would make an awesome television series. No, I don't have a cast in mind.
 
5. Name a book that disappointed you.
 
My latest disappointing book was 206 Bones by Kathy Reichs.
 
6. What's your favourite quote from a book?
 
Probably Will's letter to Tessa in Clockwork Prince. Its too long to put here though!
 
7. From all the series you have read so far, which do you think has the best ending?
 
I think Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows was a pretty good ending to a fantastic series, but I also think Forever, from the Wolves of Mercy Falls series, was pretty good.
 
8. If you had to live in an dystopian world which would it be?
 
Umm what kind of question is this! I think I would have to go with Project Firebird. You'll have to read it to find out why. ;)
 
9. If you could have any item from any book, what would it be? And no, you cannot choose a wand!
 
Hermione's Time Turner from the Harry Potter series.
 
10. If you could ask any author any question, who and what would you ask?
 
I am not sure really. I need more time to think about this!
 
11. How do you spend your free time?
 
Reading, blogging, listening to music, playing piano, dance classes and watching TV or movies.
 
 
Waimarie's Questions:
 
1. What is your all-time favourite book?
 
Too many to list!
 
2. Who are your top three book boyfriends?
 
William Herondale (The Infernal Devices), Cole St Clair (Wolves of Mercy Falls) and Ian O'Shea (The Host)
 
3. Print or ebook?
 
Both. Depends on the situation.
 
4. What book do you think should be made into a movie?
 
This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith. The perfect rom com movie!
 
5. What book character do you relate to the most?
 
A mix of Hermione Granger and Tessa from The Infernal Devices
 
6. Home-cooked meals or takeaway?
 
Home-cooked meals all the way!
 
7. Are you organised?
 
I used to be OCD but I have recovered from that. I wouldn't say I was messy but I am not quite "organised" either.
 
8. Who is your favourite author?
 
Too many to say!
 
9. Who is your favourite Disney character?
 
Impossible question! I love Simba and John Smith and Tarzan and Thomas and Belle and Pumba and Lady and... so many more!
 
10. What is your favourite book to movie adaptions?
 
Catching Fire and Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban.
 
11. What is it that older teenagers find alluring about immortal men?
 
Umm, I don't exactly have personal experience with this one so I can't say... I haven't exactly met any immortal men - yet!
 
 
 
11 Random Facts About Me
 
1. I have a pet cat called Timmy and a pet dog called Buddy
2. I am addictive TV show fangirl
3. I am the world's pickiest eater
4. I have never been overseas
5. I am still in high school... which sucks!
6. My life's dream is to move to England and to go to at least one year's BEA
7. I love Marvel movies - Captain America: The Winter Soldier is my favourite movie of all time
8. I am a real history buff - its my fave school subject
9. My favourite bands are Imagine Dragon and The Script
10. I love to dance
11. I play piano and clarinet but want to take up cello too
 
 
 
11 Questions for My Nominees
 
1. What is your favourite food/s?
2. Who is your favourite band or singer?
3. Favourite genre of book?
4. Do play any instruments?
5. Favourite television series?
6. Whose one of your auto-buy authors?
7. What three countries would you love to visit?
8. You could have any one superpower. What would it be?
9. Favourite supernatural creature?
10. What trait do you admire in a protagonist?
11. What book is next on your TBR shelf?
 
**
 
Well, that's my Liebster Award done. I cannot stop smiling at the thought that people have considered me for such an award! Really it is such an honour and thank you once again Izzy and Waimarie!
 
Now for my nominees. I am not going to do nominate eleven people. I know its in the rules and everything but I just going to change that. I am only going to nominate a few people I think really deserve it. :)
 
My first nominee would have been Izzy. Her blog is fantastic and its probably my favourite. I love her tags and her reviews. The set out is gorgeous and I really think she deserves it... unfortunately she was actually the one who nominated me so I cannot nominate her back! Please go and check her out though. Link was backup near the top. :)
 
My real nominees are as follows:
 
Diamond @ Dee's Reads
 
I just want to add a quick thanks to any and all of my followers. I love you all and want to thank you for all your support and comments.
 

2 comments:

  1. I will agree with you - the access to review copies is definitely a plus ^^ I love Cassandra Clare's books! I agree, Cherub would make a nice movie. And Ian O'Shea is definitely my boyfriend <3 I am also in high school! I don't usually come across many bloggers my age range :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Edelweiss and Netgalley! :) Cassandra Clare is genius - not matter how much some people dislike her. I really think Cherub would make a great movie. Umm I think Ian is already mine! Ahaha! :P I know, right? Everyone is normally in their 20s, I always feel a little young. :)

      Delete