I haven't posted properly in awhile now and well, I thought it was about time I got back into the routine!
Lots of exciting things have been happening over these Easter holidays so I've been distracted. *hangs head in shame*
Most importantly, yesterday was ANZAC day. For those of you that aren't from Australia or New Zealand: this one the most important days in our (ANZ) calendar, and marks the day of the first landing at Gallipoli in 1915. It's a day to thank and remember the servicemen and women that have given their service or sometimes lives in all wars, conflicts or peacekeeping operations.
This year the celebration marked 100 years since the landing of Gallipoli and it was a major event across our two nations. I was at a footy game yesterday when this occurred and the ceremony held was incredibly moving. There is nothing like the silence of 50,000 people and the lonesome sound of the bugle. Nothing. So that was my rather long-winded way of saying thank you to everyone that has ever served in the name of Australia. Thank you.
And now, drawing this back to the bookish discussion I was planning on writing.
Over the next month or so I have a few cover reveals, book blitzes and other stuff like that planed. Hopefully, I'll also get back into doing some memes. Its been too long since my last one!
Anyway, the real reason I am writing now is to say that I have been keeping up to date with the other blogs I love. I wasn't ignoring you all! To really show that I thought it might be a nice idea to share the love a bit - so here's some recent posts I've loved reading this month.
Go check them out!
- Giselle @ Xpresso Reads showed us the upcoming release of this week. I love her Fresh Batch posts as I get to drool over all the wonderful new books. I'm excited for so many of them!
- In Novel Ink's Stacking the Shelf meme, Christy talks about her visit with Katie McGarry, author of the Pushing the Limits and Thunder Road series.
- 21st Century Once Upon a Times revealed the cover for the Stacey O'Neale's Eternal Sacrifice and hosted a giveaway that ends on the 29th of April. Hurry and head over before the competition's over!
- Jeann @ Happy Indulgences held an interesting discussion post on emotional vs critical reviewers. I think I'm a bit of a blend of both. What type of reviewer are you?
- Paein and Ms4tune wrote a brilliant review of C.J. Duggan's Paradise City that's left me a little nervous about picking the book up.
- Victoria @ Addlepates and Book Nerds hosted her eighth Exploring My Bookshelves meme and talks about which book characters she would bring to life. I have to agree with her decision to pick Skulduggery Pleasant as her mentor!
- I'm dying to pick up Melinda Salisbury's The Sin Eater's Daughter after Tripping Over Books' review.
- Alex @ Book's Buzz talks about her upcoming trip to Bookcon and I die of jealousy just reading it. Connor Franta is going to be there... *wails*
- Inge @ Bookshelf Reflections shares her anguish at never finishing series on her post I Suck at Series. One of the most relatable posts ever written. I am the worst at reading sequels. I might even write my own post about this soon...
- Amy @ Tripping Over Books makes me exciting for Huntley Fitzpatrick's upcoming book The Boy Most Likely To on her WoW post.
And that's all I'm going to say. There are lots of awesome post to go check out now... so go on!