Thursday 2 October 2014

The Random Book Questions Tag

The Random Book Questions Tag

This bunch of questions came up on one of my Goodreads groups and I thought it looked like a bit of fun so anyway, here it is! I hope you enjoy.
 

Have you ever thrown a book?

No! Well, maybe once or twice... I try not to but sometimes I get a little frustrated. *shamefully hangs head*

Do you like lengthy books or short ones?

I honestly don't have a preference. It has to do with genre more than anything. A epic fantasy novel needs a lot of world-building and a contemporary romance is nice when it is short and sweet... it depends! 

 If you don't like a book do you stop reading it or finish it?

 I try to finish all the books I start. Naturally I am a curious person and unfinished books niggle at me until I pick them up again. I don't like not knowing what happens. There are times when I wills stop a book if it is really awful but I normally go back and finish it later. 
 
Do you stop reading when you’re tired, or when a chapter finishes?
  
I stop at the end of a chapter. Better than stopping half way through a passage, surely!

 How do you organize your shelf?


At the moment my bookshelves are organised by colour. It looks so pretty! My OCD tendencies tingle every time I look at it though. All those series split up... *shudder* It won't last long.
 
Paperback or hardcover?
 
Paperback for reading and hardcover for looks.

A book you cannot wait to read?
 

Trial by Tears by Josephine Angelini. I just finished the first book in the series and won't a copy of this asap!
 
A book you wish could be turned into a graphic novel?
 
I have never read a graphic novel before and probably won't because they aren't my thing. I don't really know a book that I would like to see written in this format. Maybe Blaze of Glory? That would be cool I guess.
 
A book that disappointed you?
 
The most recent book that disappointed me was Eleanor & Park. I know that this is a universally loved book but it wasn't for me. It was even more disappointing because it was also my first Rainbow Rowell book. I was expecting to love it, but I didn't like the characters and I was awfully bored in it.
 
What book made you cry recently?
 
I am one of those readers that cry really easily so I wouldn't take too much notice of this. The last book that I cried in would have probably been The Serpent's Shadow.
 
Do you prefer buying books online of going to the bookstore?
 
The bookstore hands down. I have actually never bought a book online. Don't ask me why! I have just never done it before.
 
Do you prefer to listen to music while reading or do you read in silence?
 
I have to listen to music! Music is the only thing that allows me to space out, I seriously cannot function without it. I always have my earphones in - always! Whether I am doing homework, reading, watching television, vacuuming or cooking dinner. My earbuds are always in!
 
What is the weirdest thing you've experienced when reading a book?
 
I don't really know how to answer this question!I guess I would have to say my weirdest experience was time I started Inheritance (the 800+ paged sequel to Eragon). I picked it up the day it was released and started reading it at about 8 or 9 o'clock at night. I was so absorbed in my book the next time I looked up it was 4 o'clock in the morning. That is a solid eight hours of reading! I felt like I have time travelled or something, the time went to fast! It was really weird.
 
What was your first fandom?
 
Harry Potter. Wasn't that everyone's? :)
 
What fictional character do you relate to most?
 
This is a hard one. I really related to Tessa from The Infernal Devices and Olivia from Don't Even Think About It, but I think the character that I related to most of all was Cole St Clair from the Wolves of Mercy Falls series. He is the only character I have ever read about that truly got my exact feelings about life and love and all those difficult subjects. He will always have the biggest and most important place in my heart.
 
What fictional do you wish you were more like?
 
I would really like to be a little bit more like Katniss Everdeen, at least who she was in The Hunger Games and not the bitchy little whinger she turned into in Mockingjay. I always loved how she was so tough and savvy, and the way she took no crap from everyone. She was passionate and stood up for what she wanted. I  have always wished for her determination and her survival skills, of course!
 
If you could spend a whole day with five characters, who would you pick?
 
Cole St Clair, William Herondale, Aubrey Fitzwilliam, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley.
 
What is a book that exceeded all your expectations?
 
Living Dead Girl. Best surprise ever!
 
*******
 
Did you enjoy this post? I loved answering these questions. Were some of our answers similar? Really different? Let me know what you thought in the comments below. Feel free to consideration yourself tagged if you want to participate in this challenge. Please leave a link back to me if you do though!

My official tag is going to be Izzy @ The Reading Izzy.

 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me Rachel! This looks like a really fun tag. I feel like my questions are just gonna be funny. I'll post my answers as soon as I can :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy! I am sure they will be hilarious! I cannot wait to read them. :)

      Rachel @ Rachel's Reading Corner

      Delete
  2. Great answers! I have never thrown a book, I wouldn't want to ruin it, no matter how bad it was! I don't think length matters much either, and although I try to finish all my books some of them are too bad to endure. I think I have only ever DNFed two though :P Looking forward to more posts from this blog!

    Check out my post about perspective: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/10/perspective-dead-poets-society-35.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I have only thrown a book once or twice. It's not a good habit to get into! :) I have a surprisingly long DNF list but lately, I have been attempting to go back and finish as many as I can bear to. My curiosity is killing me! Thanks, I hope you like them!

      Rachel @ Rachel's Reading Corner

      Delete
  3. haha I love all of your answers, and I will definitely have to do this tag as soon as I get some free time! I have, sadly, thrown a few books as well. Although since I've gotten my Nook, I try to refrain from doing this as much as possible! I also agree completely with Trial by Tears by Miss Angelini.. the first was phenomenal! I've read a lot of mixed reviews on this one, but I absolutely loved it. The world building was incredible! I'm happy I stumbled on your blog, and I hope to connect with you in the future (:
    Morrighan @ http://ufbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Morrighan! Yes, book throwing is a bit of a bad habit but I will definitely not be throwing my Kindle around! :)

      I cannot wait for Trial by Tears and I am still disappointed that not many people seemed to enjoy the first book as much as I did. :"(

      Thank you! I look forward to it. I will check out your blog now. :)

      Rachel @ Rachel's Reading Corner

      Delete