Wednesday 1 October 2014

Ten Book Challenge

Ten Book Challenge

I was tagged in this challenge by the gorgeous Izzy of The Reading Izzy. Thank you!
 
The idea of this challenge is pretty simple. List the top ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Try not to take more than a couple of minutes and don't think about it too much. They do not have to be the "right" books or great books of literature, just the ones that have affected you in some way. Include the instructions in the intro and tag ten friends. Be sure to come back and comment on my blog so I can see your list!
 
Please note that my list is in no real order. I just wrote as it came to mind.
 
So let's begin!
 
1. Wolves of Mercy Fall series by Maggie Stiefvater

I love these books more than anything. Cole St Clair is the one character that has ever been able to "get" me. These books are perfect. I couldn't think of any other book which has effected me more.

2. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

This series is always going to be on my list. While I would never say it was the series that "got me into reading" because, to be truly honest, I have always been a reader, tis series made me discover what reading was really about. I feel in love with it. I was only in grade two but I already loved it. The language, the characters, the magic... this is definitely a book that affected me.
 
 
3. Laws of Magic series by Michael Pryor

 This series is incredible. Its like nothing I have ever read before and it will always be one of my elite favourites. The characters are amazing! 

4. Clockwork Princes by Cassandra Clare

This is the book that has made me cry more than any other book, period. I might add that that is quite an accomplishment - I am a bit of an easy crier.


5. The Host by Stephenie Meyer

One of the only novels to perfect a dystopian romance. The characters were beautiful, the world was intriguing, the plot was intense.
 
6. The 100 by Kass Morgan
 
I had no expectations for this book when I requested it on Netgalley. I was absolutely blown away by it though. Easily my favourite book of 2014 so far.


 
7. Tiger Lily by Jodi Anderson

This is one of the best fairytale retellings I have ever read. There was just something so unique about the writing style and the characters. It was gorgeous and poetic but not flowery at the same time. A real piece of art, this one.
 
8. Graceling Realm series by Kristin Cashore

This is my all-time favourite high fantasy book. The romance and characters were just perfect. I will never forget Po and Katsa.


9. Unreap My Heart (Reaper #2) by Kate Evangelista

This book surprised me so much. It was funny and heart-wrenching and kept you on your toes. There were two POVs and both were equally incredible.

10. The Maze Runner by James Dashner

I know a lot of people disliked this book but I thought I was one of the most creative and suspenseful books I have ever read.

 
***************

Well, that's the Ten Book Challenge for you. I found that quite hard actually and I am not sure I did it quite right. In the end I kind of made a list of my favourite books but anyway! What would you have picked? Did we have any books in common? Let me know below.

I am going to tag:-

Brittnee @ Brittnee Bryan
Brittany @ Space Between the Lines

Or anyone else reading this. Don't forget to link back to me. I would love to see your answers too.

4 comments:

  1. Great answers Rachel! :D
    I've wanted to read the Maze Runner in so long and now it already has a movie and I still haven't read it. I'm just dying now XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Izzy!

      Its really good! I would easily recommend it. The second one was pretty good too. I still haven't finished the third book. I am dying to see the movie though! Dylan O'Brien is an amazing actor. Its going to be so good! *squeal* :)

      Rachel @ Rachel's Reading Corner.

      Delete
  2. I remember liking the Maze Runner even though I read it about a year ago? I recently watched the movie and although the beginning was slow, it was great! They had some *ahem* very good looking actors in there as well :D I think The Host was perfect and I zoomed through the entire book in about two days, tops? I have gotten The 100 from Netgalley and now I can't wait to try it! I've heard it's also a telly series :D

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/10/perspective-dead-poets-society-35.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to see the Maze Runner movie! I have heard a tonne of good things about it and loved the book. Oh, and it helps that the actors - *cough* Dylan O'Brien *cough* - aren't so bad on the eyes... ;)

      I loved The Host so much - both the book and the movie. The casting was perfect!

      You must check out The 100. It was fantastic! Yeah, I heard that it was too. I don't want to watch it though! I loved the book too much and don't want to see it get ruined.

      Rachel @ Rachel's Reading Corner

      Delete